Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer in SLETP



This past summer spent at the Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program at Ambler has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life.  Going into the Academy I was not entirely sure what to expect or what amazing people I was going to meet.  Throughout our weeks we spent long hours in the classroom, participated in some grueling PT, studied nonstop, and went through scenario after scenario to build our KITE.  

I was able to not only grow as an individual but was provided the opportunity to work with an amazing class of fellow recruits that I will remember for the rest of my career.  We were able to start out as complete strangers but finished as one solid team that would not have made it without each other.  Along the way we also had the privilege of meeting many top of the line instructors that did their best to prepare us and make sure we would become hard targets.

I know there is still so much to learn in the field but I feel as though I am as best prepared as I can be to start my new career.  I am so excited to begin this journey at my first park, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, and can only imagine the many new experiences I am going to have.  I would like to thank every person who has helped me get to the point where I am today; the guidance I have received the past three years has made all the difference! 

Best of luck to all of my fellow ProRangers!

ProRanger Erin Langeheine

No comments:

Post a Comment